Foreign teams will be contacted approximately one month prior to the event for roster information. You will be asked to fill out an Excel spreadsheet and send it back to us to upload into SportWrench.
FOREIGN TEAMS ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE AT BIG SOUTH:
Only teams from U.S. Territories (American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands) and their associated Federations are eligible to participate in The Big South National Qualifier.
For additional details on Foreign Team or Foreign Individual participation, please refer to the USAV website.
REQUIREMENTS FOR FOREIGN TEAMS TO REGISTER:
A Foreign Team (registered with its National Volleyball Federation) may participate if the team:
- Registers and pays the entry fee, and
- Complies with the Stay & Play housing policy, and
- Is not representing its country in an official capacity, and
- The federation of origin grants permission for participation in the form of a letter of good standing, and
- Fills out the Foreign Summary Team Participation form, and
- Purchases foreign participant insurance, which will be provided by USA Volleyball for $100 US dollars. The expense shall be added to the entry fee. For more information on the Summary of Coverage, click here.
A waiver to the foreign participant insurance fee shall be granted to Canadians who provide written proof of 24-hour health coverage valid in the United States.
REQUIRED FOREIGN COACH IMPACT CERTIFICATION EQUIVALENT:
All coaches listed on rosters for a USA Volleyball National Qualifier must have an IMPACT Certification. Since most foreign coaches do not have access to this certification course, USAV states that IMPACT Certification requirements may be met by supplying proof of the following:
- USA Coaching Accreditation Program (CAP), Levels I, II or III
- RVA IMPACT course (region or National Office verification required)
- Canadian Volleyball Associations Levels 1-4
- FIVB International Courses Levels 1-3
- Curso de Entrenadores Nivel 1 (Coaches Training Level 1)